Servicio Madrileño De Salud (SERMAS)
Servicio Madrileño De Salud (SERMAS)
uitklapper, klik om te openen
Partner Information uitklapper, klik om te openen
Servicio Madrileño de Salud (SERMAS) is the overarching administrative and management structure for every public hospital and public health service of the Madrid Regional Health System. In this project SERMAS is the legal representative of Hospital Clínico San Carlos (HCSC). HCSC has circa 1,200 beds, employs over 5,000 professionals, and is the main referral centre for training of health professionals from the Complutense University of Madrid.
The Radiation Oncology Department of HCSC offers the newest technologies, treating approximately 1200 patients/year, using different treatment techniques (3D, IMRT, VMAT, SBRT, Radiosurgery, HDR. Brachytherapy). The department has extensive experience in treating patients with SBRT for lung cancer and other malignancies, both in the daily clinic and as part of national clinical trials.
The Electrophysiology unit of the Cardiology department is composed of 6 cardiologists with a specialization in the field of arrhythmias. The team has extensive experience with complex arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation: since 2000 they have performed more than 1500 AF ablation procedures using radiofrequency or cryoablation techniques. Their studies comparing both techniques have been published in the most prestigious international journals in arrhythmias. Similarly, they have treated more than 1000 patients with accessory pathways, nodal re-entrant tachycardia, atrial and VTs.
Personnel uitklapper, klik om te openen
Dr. Pino Alcántara MD. PhD
Dr. Pino Alcántara MD. PhD is Associate Professor and Radiation Oncologist at HCSC and Complutense University of Madrid. She oversees the implementation of SBRT in the Radiation Oncology department and is the coordinator of SBRT treatments. Dr. Alcántara will be the primarily responsible for carrying out the project at our institution and she will be involved in the study design and clinical trials of WP3. This includes ethics/regulatory approval for STOPSTORM, patient recruitment, STAR treatment and follow-up. In addition she will help with data collection and any other study related needs at our institution.
Dr. Ricardo Salgado MD. PhD
Dr. Ricardo Salgado MD. PhD is an electrophysiology consultant at HCSC. He will be the main responsible cardiologist at our institution, and he will be involved in patient selection, delimitation of the target using electroanatomic mapping, assistance during STAR treatment, follow-up and data collection.
Dr. Gonzalo Vázquez MD, PhD
Dr. Gonzalo Vázquez MD, PhD is the Head of the Radiation Oncology Service at HCSC and Associate Professor at Complutense University of Madrid. Dr. Vázquez will be responsible for recruiting patients and will oversee the STAR treatment and follow-up. He will also help with data collection, and any other study-related needs at our institution.
Dr. Nicasio Pérez Castellano MD. PhD
Nicasio Pérez Castellano MD. PhD is the Head of Electrophysiology unit of the Cardiology department at HCSC. He will be involved in patient selection, delimitation of the target using electroanatomic mapping and assistance during treatment
Dr. Julián Pérez Villacastín MD. PhD
Dr. Julián Pérez Villacastín MD. PhD: Director of the Cardiovascular Institute and President-elect of the Spanish cardiology society. He will be involved in patient selection, delimitation of the target using electroanatomic mapping and assistance during STAR treatment.
- Quintanilla JG, Alfonso-Almazán JM, Pérez-Castellano N, et al. Instantaneous amplitude and frequency modulations detect the footprint of rotational activity and reveal stable driver regions as targets for persistent atrial fibrillation ablation. Circ Res 2019; 125: 609-27.
- López-Yunta M, León DG, Alfonso-Almazán JM, et al. Implications of bipolar voltage mapping and magnetic resonance imaging resolution in biventricular scar characterization after myocardial infarction. Europace 2019; 21: 163-174
- León DG, López-Yunta M, Alfonso-Almazán JM, et al. Three-dimensional cardiac fibre disorganization as a novel parameter for ventricular arrhythmia stratification after myocardial infarction. Europace 2019; 21: 822–32.
- Alfonso-Almazán JM, Quintanilla JG, García-Torrent MJ, et al. Lesion Index Titration Using Contact-Force Technology Enables Safe and Effective Radiofrequency Lesion Creation at the Root of the Aorta and Pulmonary Artery. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2019; 12: e007080.
- Palacios-Rubio J, Marina-Breysse M, Quintanilla JG, et al. Early prognostic value of an Algorithm based on spectral Variables of Ventricular fibrillAtion from the EKG of patients with suddEn cardiac death: A multicentre observational study (AWAKE). Arch Cardiol México 2018; 88: 460–7.