The University Hospital of Zurich (USZ)
The University Hospital of Zurich (USZ)
uitklapper, klik om te openen
Partner Information uitklapper, klik om te openen
The University Hospital of Zurich (USZ) is an academic hospital and one of the largest hospitals in Switzerland, with approximately 42.000 in-patient and 600.000 out-patient treatments performed by 44 different departments and institutes. USZ has a very strong translational and clinical research focus, showcased by tight research collaboration with the University of Zurich and the ETH Zurich
The Department of Radiation Oncology is renowned for its expertise and clinical research in the development and application of high-precision radiotherapy, particularly in stereotactic radiotherapy of lung, live and spine tumours. As such it has founded the first “Interdisciplinary Center for High-precision radiotherapy” in Switzerland in 2015. In 2019 the Department of Radiation Oncology - together with the Department of Cardiology - performed the first MR-guided radioablation of a recurrent VT worldwide.
The Department of Cardiology is a tertiary care centre for the treatment of all sorts of cardiovascular disease. Our arrhythmia unit is one of the largest in Switzerland, currently performing > 600 catheter ablations and > 400 cardiac device implantations per year. It is a national leading institution for the diagnosis and treatment of complex ventricular arrhythmias. Due to close collaboration with ETH Zurich, the Center for Molecular Cardiology (Schlieren) and international partners, we have a vast amount of expertise in biomedical engineering, clinical and translational arrhythmia research. All forms of ablation and device therapies are provided to our patients. We are currently performing >35 complex ablations of VT per year including epicardial ablation, and are a regional-wide renowned centre for this type of treatment.
Personnel uitklapper, klik om te openen
Prof. Dr. med. Nicolaus Andratschke
is Deputy chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology, as well as a Professor Adjunct and radiation oncologist at the University Hospital of Zurich. He has established a strong foundation in SBRT by working with the German Society of Radiation Oncology. In addition, as part of the working party “DEGRO AG Extrakranielle Stereotaxie“ he has established three of largest registry databases worldwide collecting data on stereotactic radiotherapy for stage I lung cancer, and lung- and liver metastases. He will be the lead for WP1.
PD Dr. med. Ardan Saguner
PD Dr. med. Ardan Saguner is a senior consultant and senior researcher in the arrhythmia unit of the Department of Cardiology, teaching faculty of the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich in Human Medicine of, and EHRA board-certified cardiac arrhythmia specialist at the University Heart Center Zurich (University Hospital Zurich). He is the head of the VT ablation program at USZ. He will be the co-lead for WP1.
Dr. med. Michael Mayinger
Dr. med. Michael Mayinger is a senior consultant at the Department of Radiation Oncology and on 50% protected research time to work on MR guided STAR.
Dr. med. Boldizsar Kovacs
Dr. med. Boldizsar Kovacs is a clinical and research fellow in cardiac electrophysiology in the arrhythmia unit of the Department of Cardiology.
Publications uitklapper, klik om te openen
- Kovacs B, Mayinger M, Schindler M, et al. Stereotactic radioablation of ventricular arrhythmias in patients with structural heart disease – a systematic review. Radiother Oncol 2021; 162:132-139
- Mayinger M, Kovacs B, Tanadini-Lang S, et al. First magnetic resonance imaging-guided cardiac radioablation of sustained ventricular tachycardia. Radiother Oncol 2020. In press.
- Andratschke N, Alheid H, Allgäuer M, et al. The SBRT database initiative of the German Society for Radiation Oncology (DEGRO): patterns of care and outcome analysis of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for liver oligometastases in 474 patients with 623 metastases. BMC Cancer 2018; 18: 283.
- Guckenberger M, Andratschke N, Dieckmann K, et al. ESTRO ACROP consensus guideline on implementation and practice of stereotactic body radiotherapy for peripherally located early stage non-small cell lung cancer. Radiother Oncol 2017; 124: 11–7.
- Saguner AM, Mathew S, Kuck KH, et al. Catheter ablation of ventricular tachycardia in patients with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia: a sequential approach. J Am Heart Assoc 2019; 8: e010365. doi: 10.1161/JAHA.118.010365
- Mahida S, Venlet J, Saguner AM et al. Ablation compared with drug therapy for recurrent ventricular tachycardia in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy: Results from a multicenter study. Heart Rhythm 2019; 16: 536-43.