Consorcio Hospital General Universitario and its Research Foundation (FIHGUV)
Partner Information uitklapper, klik om te openen
Consorcio Hospital General Universitario and its Research Foundation (FIHGUV) are located in Valencia (Spain) and dedicated to improving and protecting the health and well-being of our citizens, a total population of 800,000 people. Therefore FIHGUV actively participates in international partnerships and collaborations, through H2020 and other European calls. Consorcio Hospital General Universitario de Valencia (FIHGUV) in particular uses its resources to enhance interdisciplinary and interprofessional research on global health issues. Hereby the International Project Office of FIHGUV provides health research coordination for optimal impact of innovation processes and effective knowledge translation.
In STOPSTORM both the Radiotherapy Oncology Department and Cardiology Department of FIHGUV will be involved. The Radiotherapy Oncology Department has experienced with SRBT treatment since 2014, which is applied in primary lung and prostate tumors, and lung, liver, lymph node and bone metastases. The treatment team for STOPSTORM will consist of both radiophysicists and radiation oncologists.
The Cardiology Department has been pioneering in electrophysiology (1995), VT ablation (1996), pulmonary vein ablation (1999) and the use of electromagnetic mapping (1998). The department has the required facilities and expertise to perform STAR treatment and views the treatment as having great potential.
Personnel uitklapper, klik om te openen
Prof. Dr. Aurelio Quesada Dorador, MD, PhD
Prof. Dr. Aurelio Quesada Dorador, MD, PhD is the Head of the Electrophysiology Section of the Cardiology Department. In addition, he is Aggregate Professor of Cardiovascular Diseases at the Faculty of Medicine from the Catholic University of Valencia “San Vicente Martir”. Prof. Quesada will be the coordinator of the work in Electrophysiology Section and in the Cardiology Department during STOPSTORM.
Prof. Dr. José López Torrecilla, MD, PhD
Prof. Dr. José López Torrecilla, MD, PhD is a radiation oncologist at FIHGUV, Associated Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of Valencia.
Dr. María Pilar García González
Dr. María Pilar García González MD, PhD is a cardiologist at FIHGUV, she will be responsible of cardiac imaging of STOPSTORM treatment.
Dr. Maria Jose Perez Calatayud
Dr. Maria Jose Perez Calatayud is a radiation oncologist at FIHGUV, she will prescribe, perform STAR treatment and follow-up the patients.
Dr. Alba Cerveró Rubio
Dr. Alba Cerveró Rubio is a cardiologist at FIHGUV and a fellow in the Electrophysiology Training Program. She will be responsible of recruitment and follow-up tasks in STOPSTORM.
Dr. Domingo Granero
Dr. Domingo Granero is a radiophysicist at FIHGUV, he will calculate and verify the dose of treatment for STAR treatment.
Publications uitklapper, klik om te openen
- Hadid C, Almendral J, Ortiz M, et al. Incidence, determinants, and prognostic implications of true pleomorphism of ventricular tachycardia in patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: a sub study of the DATAS Trial. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2011; 4: 33-42.
- Boriani G, Da Costa A, Quesada A, et al. MORE-CARE Study Investigators. Effects of remote monitoring on clinical outcomes and use of healthcare resources in heart failure patients with biventricular defibrillators: results of the MORE-CARE multicentre randomized controlled trial. Eur J Heart Fai. 2017; 19: 416-25.
- Maier SKG, Paule S, Jung W, et al. Evaluation of thoracic impedance trends for implant-based remote monitoring in heart failure patients - Results from the (J-) HomeCARE-II Study. J Electrocardiol 2019; 53: 100-8.
- Ibáñez Criado JL, Quesada A, Cózar R. Spanish Catheter Ablation Registry. 18th Official Report of the Spanish Society of Cardiology Working Group on Electrophysiology and Arrhythmias (2018). Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed) 2019; 72: 1031-42.
- Gil-Raga M, Meri-Abad M, Safont Aguilera MJ, et al. Long term control stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for oligometastatic colorectal cancer: a single center study. Chin Clin Oncol 2020; pii: cco.2020.01.10.